Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hey Dad! I got an A on my test!

So last week we decided to have Oz go back to Happy Hounds for a little doggie socialization. Today was the day. I dropped him off with Tom, his trainer, at 10:00. Oz looked back at me as he was walking across the street with Tom like, "hey man, don't leave me here". Even though I knew he was in good hands I felt sad like I was abandoning him.

We went back at 5:00 to pick him up. The girl at the front went back to get him. She came back, no Oz. She told us Tom would bring him up. I'm thinking bad sign. Then we saw Tom walking briskly around the back of the little dog play area. The stopped at the gate. Oz sat nicely. They both came walking toward us looking happy.

Long story short, Oz was in with five other dogs for at least an hour, and did well. He even got barked down by one dog when he apparently went sniffing around where he should not have been. No fights. He just backed down. This is all way better than Winston ever did.

Good job Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment